Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa stopped recognizing my saying "enter"

SchmyeBubbula

Alexa stopped recognizing my saying "enter"
« on: September 26, 2020, 06:14:15 pm »
I've been using my Echo Plus for making free phone calls for two years without any trouble. But over this past summer, it's become increasingly hard to get the word "enter" recognized, such as when entering my voicemail password, or entering a Zoom phone meeting password, particularly when the entry begins with "1." Most of the time it just skips the "1," and correctly enters the rest of the numbers. When I say to enter a Zoom meeting number not beginning with "1," it never has a problem. When I look at my History in the Alexa app settings, it's showing my saying "enter" as "into," but there must be further processing & second-guessing going on after what shows in History because all the numbers I enter not beginning with "1" get entered correctly, despite the command in History being "into" for those, too.

I called Amazon customer support and after I raised an Alexa person, they had me:

1) reset my Echo Plus so that the ring light goes orange, by pressing and holding the Microphone Off and Volume Down buttons at the same time
2) delete my History in my Alexa app settings
3) delete my Voice Profile

...but they didn't make an improvement. Has this happened to anyone else? Any other ideas?

SchmyeBubbula

Re: Alexa stopped recognizing my saying "enter"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 06:35:29 pm »
Sigh. Why am I always the only one to have problems like this?

Re: Alexa stopped recognizing my saying "enter"
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 10:42:15 am »
Sigh. Why am I always the only one to have problems like this?

it is not just you, just that there are no real answers.  Look like you tried all that you can do.   Over the past few months I have had similar issues.  sometimes it goes away on its own and sometimes it don't.  all I could do is to either rename or try to rephrase when I can. 

just a bit of brainstorming...Do you have something new in the room like a fan, something wifi/bluetooth/other electronic signals, or something that might be making different sounds that could interfere with sound waves?   did you move the plus, maybe too close to a wall where a microphone might be blocked.   when you give commands, are you facing or back towards the plus?