Echo & Alexa Forums

ifttt monthly subscriptions

ifttt monthly subscriptions
« on: September 10, 2020, 02:46:58 pm »
Look like IFTTT is going to have monthly subscriptions.  so it may be time to look for a better way to connect things that work with alexa.   10 bucks a month is just not worth it. 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/10/21430265/ifttt-pro-subscriptions-free-controversy

Re: ifttt monthly subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 08:55:42 am »
I never realy used IFTTT other then just a test run. I found I could do all my required fumctions running a home automation program on my PC. I later moved that process to a $5 pi zeroW.
IFTTT does provide a easy to use interface so many will at least opt into the $1.99 fee .
How many users stay after the price increase remains to be seen.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 04:34:51 pm »
I never realy used IFTTT other then just a test run. I found I could do all my required fumctions running a home automation program on my PC. I later moved that process to a $5 pi zeroW.
IFTTT does provide a easy to use interface so many will at least opt into the $1.99 fee .
How many users stay after the price increase remains to be seen.

10 bucks a month is a bit high, with routines and skills getting more advance, they could be putting themselves out of business. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 05:19:41 pm »
I've never found IFTTT to be reliable. In other words, it never worked 100%. It only worked sometimes or the delay between the IF and the THEN took so long that it was useless. As for paying for it, that is laughable.

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 05:32:50 pm »
I've never found IFTTT to be reliable. In other words, it never worked 100%. It only worked sometimes or the delay between the IF and the THEN took so long that it was useless. As for paying for it, that is laughable.
i also never found it reliable in my limited testings. I do understand charging for a pro versuon and limiting the free version running a server does cost $.
10 bucks a month is a bit high, with routines and skills getting more advance, they could be putting themselves out of business. 
I agree, the pro version may never catch on at that price.