Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

ifttt monthly subscriptions

ifttt monthly subscriptions
« on: September 10, 2020, 02:46:58 pm »
Look like IFTTT is going to have monthly subscriptions.  so it may be time to look for a better way to connect things that work with alexa.   10 bucks a month is just not worth it. 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/10/21430265/ifttt-pro-subscriptions-free-controversy

Re: ifttt monthly subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 08:55:42 am »
I never realy used IFTTT other then just a test run. I found I could do all my required fumctions running a home automation program on my PC. I later moved that process to a $5 pi zeroW.
IFTTT does provide a easy to use interface so many will at least opt into the $1.99 fee .
How many users stay after the price increase remains to be seen.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 04:34:51 pm »
I never realy used IFTTT other then just a test run. I found I could do all my required fumctions running a home automation program on my PC. I later moved that process to a $5 pi zeroW.
IFTTT does provide a easy to use interface so many will at least opt into the $1.99 fee .
How many users stay after the price increase remains to be seen.

10 bucks a month is a bit high, with routines and skills getting more advance, they could be putting themselves out of business. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 05:19:41 pm »
I've never found IFTTT to be reliable. In other words, it never worked 100%. It only worked sometimes or the delay between the IF and the THEN took so long that it was useless. As for paying for it, that is laughable.

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 05:32:50 pm »
I've never found IFTTT to be reliable. In other words, it never worked 100%. It only worked sometimes or the delay between the IF and the THEN took so long that it was useless. As for paying for it, that is laughable.
i also never found it reliable in my limited testings. I do understand charging for a pro versuon and limiting the free version running a server does cost $.
10 bucks a month is a bit high, with routines and skills getting more advance, they could be putting themselves out of business. 
I agree, the pro version may never catch on at that price.