Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Voice activation for incoming calls

Voice activation for incoming calls
« on: September 07, 2020, 02:57:09 pm »
Iím new to the forum, but I have a few questions about the best set up for my Mom who has MS and canít really use her hands anymore. Iíve read through a ton of stuff on the web, but no one seems to address incoming phone calls from non-Alexa numbers.

It seemed that using an Echo connect with an Echo devise would allow her to use her landline in conjunction with the voice activated answer feature, but it sounds as though ďtheyĒ are no longer making the Echo connect. Can anyone confirm this?

Can the stand alone Echo device allow her to receive phone calls from individuals who do not have the app? And if so, is there anyway to get her landline to ring through the Echo? Do I need to connect a cellphone service instead?

Has anyone out there come up with a slick hands free way for the disabled to not only call out, but receive phone calls from anyone that can be answered with Alexa? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!