Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo auto , Samsung S20 Ultra, Spotify issue!

Jules1974

Echo auto , Samsung S20 Ultra, Spotify issue!
« on: August 13, 2020, 11:08:37 am »
Hi All

Im using echo auto and its fine for playing anything on my phones media or via Amazon Music, however when i try to play from spotify it advises that Spotify is not installed the device and takes me to the play store to download it.

Well , it is on the device and the play store opens with just the open option for Spotify. Its as if the alexa app doesnt have the link for spotify but it plays fine on the other echo's i have in the home.

Anyone seen this issue before?.

Cheers
Julian

Laurel

Re: Echo auto , Samsung S20 Ultra, Spotify issue!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 11:48:46 am »
I don't use Spotify on my Echo Auto devices, but I have read that many have to log into Spotify on their phones each time before using it on Echo Auto.

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo auto , Samsung S20 Ultra, Spotify issue!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 01:34:45 pm »
This doesn't answer your question, but I just wanted to point out Echo Auto doesn't do several things that a regular Echo device can do. For example, when you ask Alexa to make an announcement "it's time for dinner" the Echo Auto remains silent. I'm also pretty sure you can't drop-in on an Echo Auto either. There are several other things that I've come across that make the Echo Auto a slimmed down version of a regular Echo. I don't like it, but that's just the way it is.