Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dots Hammering The Router

AllenDB

Echo Dots Hammering The Router
« on: August 05, 2020, 01:32:07 pm »
A few months ago I got the wife an Echo Dot to try and vocally interact with our DirecTV box. But she wasn't into it and only uses the Dot for spelling and off the wall stuff. Then a month ago I got an offer for a free Dot and I decided to get it and put it in my office. Got it set up and both work well. Except,,,,,,,,, in the evenings I stream video off the internet. Well I try. Now the video keeps freezing every 60 seconds or so. A few days ago I noticed the continuous flashing lights on the router. Nonstop. Yesterday I unplugged one of the Dots and the nonstop activity light went out. Plugged it back in and the hammering started right up. So before I went to watch video off the internet in the evening I unplugged one of the Dots. The video went back to non-stop streaming. Yayyyy!!!! Plug the Dot in in the morning and unplug it at night.

Is there anyway to stop this Dot activity??? By the way the router is getting hammered but not the adapter to the internet. Is not showing any unusual activity. I don't have a smart phone so no app this or that. I setup the Dots thru a laptop.

Re: Echo Dots Hammering The Router
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 01:51:11 pm »
what color was the light?

AllenDB

Re: Echo Dots Hammering The Router
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 02:03:02 pm »
If you are asking about lights on the Dots there are no lights flashing on the Dots. The flashing lights I am talking about are on the router next to the 2.4 and 5 ghz markings.