Echo & Alexa Forums

Siriusxm Intergration

Monkeymail

Siriusxm Intergration
« on: May 06, 2016, 04:55:53 pm »
Question: Does anyone else wish they could play SiriusXM through their Amazon Echo?

I feel that it would be a nice addition to the streaming services that the echo provides. :D

mike27oct

Re: Siriusxm Intergration
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 08:44:28 pm »
Good idea, although Sirus is not much of a team player.  It's on Roku -- for a price.  To even get it out of the car cost more.  Screw 'em.  Their members deserve better.  There are many other alternatives to use out of car, but Sirius doesn't "get it", and wants to squeeze more money from them.  Every time wife's renewal comes up for $200 each year, she calls their bluff and tells them she will still only pay just $100, and they agree!  Try it next time.

Jean D

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 09:26:37 am »
Only way to do this is to stream it from SiriusXM app and then Bluetooth to the Echo.

dfine1966

Siriusxm Intergration
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 12:36:38 pm »
I already suggested it to the Echo team and Sirius XM.  Told them it was a win win for both.  Amazon get new people to buy the Echo to hear Sirius.  Sirius gets new subscribers to their internet only use.   Because it sounds perfect, it probably will never happen. We can only hope. Only way to connect now is through the phone, computer or through a sirius xm Lynx portable which I have.  It has Bluetooth built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 10:57:50 pm by dfine1966 »

DParker

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 03:13:08 pm »
I had Sirius/XM service for a couple of years until my receiver crapped out.  I bought a new one to replace it, though they no longer offered units with either the "rewind" capability or remote control that my original one had, so I lost functionality.  Then, when I called to activate the new unit Sirius/XM had the gall to tell me I would be charged a $15 activation fee.  That's right...they felt it was OK to charge me extra to activate the new reciever that I had to buy becausd the one I previously got from them stopped working out-of-warranty,, all so I could continue paying them a monthly subscription for their service.

After I explained the problem with that they played the "I'll speak with a manager" game before happily announcing that they'd do me the favor of waiving the activation fee this time.  Lucky me.

I told them to pound sand, cancelled my subscription and sold the reciever.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 04:16:52 pm »
Parker,

See other post here about Sirius.  In it, I gave my opinion about Sirius' money-grabbing style.  Like, when wife's subscription comes up for renewal for $200 instead of $100, wife basically also suggests they "pound sand", too, and says she is willing to only pay them $100 again.  They play the ask supervisor game and then agree to $100 renewal fee.  This happens every year.

DParker

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 06:51:07 pm »
My point was that I didn't care how much of a discount they offered me on the subscription (they did offer one in an attempt to convince me not to cancel), because I found their attitude so offensive that they weren't getting another penny from me, just on principle.

vegasguy

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 07:18:07 pm »
My point was that I didn't care how much of a discount they offered me on the subscription (they did offer one in an attempt to convince me not to cancel), because I found their attitude so offensive that they weren't getting another penny from me, just on principle.

I applaud you for standing firm on principle. I wish more people would do the same.

mike27oct

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 09:30:30 pm »
OR, since my wife wanted Sirius, just not at their asking price, she negotiated and got what she wanted.

DParker

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 10:49:20 pm »
OR, since my wife wanted Sirius, just not at their asking price, she negotiated and got what she wanted.

And I got what I wanted, which was to stop supporting a company that's so petty and stupid that they're willing to piss off and lose customers by trying to get away with nickle-and-diming them with charges for the privilege of continuing to pay them for service.

mike27oct

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 10:52:15 pm »
Am happy for you!

dfine1966

Siriusxm Intergration
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 11:05:38 pm »
You guys are a little off topic. Those of us who like SiriusXM actually want integration with the Echo.  I have had Sirius since 2006.  Everybody has problems with different companies. Look at the wireless phones companies.  You learn how to deal with them.  I like the stations on SiriusXM especially NFL radio, which you can't get anywhere else.  So that it is fine if you don't like Sirius, but let us that do, hope for the integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 11:08:35 pm by dfine1966 »

bukzin

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 01:10:13 am »

I bring up XM on my phone and Bluetooth it to either my Echo or my Dot.

Love that Dot can feed into my main stereo with the RCA cable
that came with it.

MikeLastort

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 03:29:06 pm »
My wife got me an Echo and a Dot for Christmas. I have both of them playing Sirius through the Sirius app. I added both devices my iPhone Bluetooth. I start the Sirius app. And then I'm listening To Howard Stern on my Echo.

Pretty easy to setup. Took about five months minutes.

coyote

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 03:41:33 pm »
I've become a non-fan of SiriusXM. It's good but not great, and at that price not worth the price. It should be like five bucks a month.
I can play it via my Denon AVR, but usually don't.

That said, you are correct. Integration would not drive Echo sales, but might drive Sirius subscriptions. Then again, they would lose the rest of the home hardware market so they won't do that.... of course, it'll be too late when they finally realize they were fighting a rearguard action instead of jumping on the train to the future.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 03:43:40 pm by coyote »