Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

set alarms on phone

Mork74

set alarms on phone
« on: September 23, 2016, 02:40:02 am »
so i can tell alexa via dot to set an alarm, will this set it to my phone if setup etc?

vegasguy

Re: set alarms on phone
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 05:08:24 am »
Nope. If you tell Alexa to set an alarm it will set the alarm on the echo dot you are speaking to. If you have other echo dots the alarm won't be set on them or your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mork74

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 05:42:18 am »
hhmmm defeats my object, i dont want Alexa to wake me up even if i had a second dot in the bedroom and would wake wife up also.
was hoping to add an alarm to a phone i had sync'd etc

vegasguy

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 07:51:25 am »
If you want it on your phone you can say "hey Siri set an alarm" or "ok Google set an alarm" right on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mork74

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 10:29:10 am »
true i can just would be good if alexa could do all, one of the points of it, to do almost all

Yoda_One

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 03:02:01 pm »
The Alexa is becoming smarter and we are still in the infancy as time goes on who knows all the processes that it will be able to perform.

DParker

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 04:06:35 pm »
true i can just would be good if alexa could do all, one of the points of it, to do almost all

Well, no.  The point of Echo is to do things that an audio interface can do well, not to do "all" (or even almost all).  If you actually have that expectation for any product you're going to be sorely disappointed.