Echo & Alexa Forums

Multi Echo household set up

Danielsan

Multi Echo household set up
« on: June 29, 2020, 08:31:55 am »
In our household we have 4 Echos all linked to individual accounts (2 adult & 2 kids) and multiple smart bulbs and sockets that are linked to individual Echos.

I want to "link" them all together, but I cannot work out the most effective way to do it.

Is there a way to have them linked while still using the individual accounts or do they have to be all on the same account?

Offline jwlv

Re: Multi Echo household set up
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 11:34:02 am »
As far as I know, there isn't a way for different Alexa accounts to share smart devices, but it can be done at the device level.

Most manufacturers allow sharing of their devices. For example, Wyze cameras and smart bulbs can be shared with other users. Using Wyze app, the 1st user only has to invite a 2nd user to share a device. Then the second user will accept the invite. If the 2nd user does not currently use the Wyze app, they will need to install the app and create an account before being able to accept the invite. The 2nd user should enable the Wyze skill for Alexa and link their account. After that, the 2nd user's Alexa account should be able to see the new (shared) device.

The way this works will be different for every manufacturer of your smart devices. Your starting point should be with the device's app (whether it's Wyze, Wemo, Philips, Kasa, etc.) and see where it leads you.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 03:42:40 pm »
clarification are you saying everyone is using a different amazon account? 

Danielsan

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 06:23:08 am »
clarification are you saying everyone is using a different amazon account?

Yes, we all have our own amazon accounts, so I'm wondering if everyone should just use my account (I pay for Prime) or if I should set up a new "joint family account"?

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 11:41:52 am »
Yes, we all have our own amazon accounts, so I'm wondering if everyone should just use my account (I pay for Prime) or if I should set up a new "joint family account"?

That would be best and do the voice training so Alexa can recognize each person's voice.