Echo & Alexa Forums

My WAND was just discontinued

iolinux333

My WAND was just discontinued
« on: June 21, 2020, 08:28:13 am »
It was that handheld price scanner thing stuck to my fridge with a brain damaged Alexa inside.

Never really used it.

It ate batteries.

Just got the Email. I don't remember if it was free or I paid for it.

Oh well. 

Re: My WAND was just discontinued
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 01:52:08 pm »
what wand?   it was one of those releases you read about then forget.   I did until I read about the discontinuation on another site.  forget it even existed.   could not see a need for it when you can just tell alexa to add something to your shopping list. 

fstbusa

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 08:27:31 am »
I got the email as well... I used it seldom but typically used it for adding grocery items to my list when my Alexa way across the room was blaring music and had a hard time hearing me.   I got mine free as well for ordering $20 worth of stuff from Amazon a few years ago.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 01:39:21 pm »
Ahh yes, I remember the wand. They are as useless as the dash buttons. I got a few of those dash buttons sitting in the back of my closet.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 05:35:04 am »
I got the email as well... I used it seldom but typically used it for adding grocery items to my list when my Alexa way across the room was blaring music and had a hard time hearing me.   I got mine free as well for ordering $20 worth of stuff from Amazon a few years ago.

the echo remote worked just as good when there was blaring music.   

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 05:35:53 am »
Ahh yes, I remember the wand. They are as useless as the dash buttons. I got a few of those dash buttons sitting in the back of my closet.

thought the dash buttons was discontinued too.