Echo & Alexa Forums

Set defaults for Echo Stereo

DButchart51

Set defaults for Echo Stereo
« on: June 19, 2020, 04:21:26 pm »
I set up Echo Stereo with two Gen3 Echos and the Echo Subwoofer.  I named the setup "Stereo" (so I'm not imaginative). Very good sound, but I'm trying out Amazon Music Unlimited and it can get a bit tricky to get out:  "Alexa, play classic rock from Amazon music unlimited on Stereo".  Is there a way to set up Amazon Music Unlimited as a default source?  Alexa does just fine with "Alexa, play classic rock on Stereo".  It's harder to get out the longer phrase correctly.  Even worse if I want to request, say, "Beethoven's 9th Symphony" from Amazon music unlimited.

Offline jwlv

Re: Set defaults for Echo Stereo
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 02:06:33 am »
You can set your default source in the Alexa app.

DButchart51

Re: Set defaults for Echo Stereo
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 04:48:54 pm »
Thanks.  I updated my Alexa App on my Android phone and see that I have Amazon Music set as the default source - will it automatically default to Amazon Music Unlimited because I have the Unlimited subscription?  I'm not offered a choice to add unlimited - when I click on the Amazon Music source it does say "Play all the music you love on your Echo with Amazon Music Unlimited" - if I select "Link New Service" I don't get the choice to link Unlimited.