Echo & Alexa Forums

Odd echo show issue...

itsjustmeee

Odd echo show issue...
« on: June 10, 2020, 03:14:21 pm »
I have the first generation echo show and I’m having an odd problem with it. It recognizes and reacts when I give a command because I see the blue line on the bottom of the screen but often times it won’t follow the command. For example if I ask “Alexa can you hear me”, I see the blue line and I hear a recognition beep after but it does respond. If I unplug it, wait a minute and plug it back in, it works fine. Then a few days later it will go back to not responding to my commands. Other than that it works fine. It shows my uploaded pictures the date, time, the weather and seems to work normal. I have a number of echo devices around the house and this is the only one that I have an issue with. I have a very fast strong Wi-Fi so I know that’s not the problem. Has anybody had an issue like this before?

Offline jwlv

Re: Odd echo show issue...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 12:58:09 am »
I've had several versions of Echo devices, including the original Echo, Echo Dot 1st gen, 2nd gen, Echo Show 1st gen, Echo Show 5, Echo Tap. Of all of these Echo devices, I've found that the Echo Show 1st gen and Echo Show 5 are by far the most hard of hearing. Many times I have to be right in front of an Echo Show for it to understand what I am saying. I suspect that it's just the position of the mic array. On a regular Echo or Echo Dot, the mic array are arranged in a circle. I'm not sure where the mic arrays are arranged on the Echo Show & Show 5 but I think it's in the front.