Echo & Alexa Forums

Stange problem with Echo devices

abugdoc

Stange problem with Echo devices
« on: May 30, 2020, 12:07:42 am »
I  have a problem with Amazon Echo.  It worked fine until this morning.  It appears to hear the command but does not respond. I checked and the Alexa app shows the device Online.  I tried to reinstall it but the App could not identify the device.  After talking to Amazon support and reinstalling the app a couple of times and getting no results.  I moved the device downstairs, to where I had a working device, plugged it in and now it is working,  I took the second device upstairs, plugged it in and it worked for the first few commands but now is acting like the first device, it hears the command, starts to respond and then stops with no action.  I have move this devise to several area within our bedroom and used different electrical circuit but I get the same result, it respond to the first few commands and then it goes back to not responding.  :-\
|

Re: Stange problem with Echo devices
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 06:54:25 am »
could be a wifi issue.  does it work when moved downstairs too?   sometimes locating in front of and as close to the door as possible will help when the wifi signal is weak
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 07:29:03 am by renegade600 »