Echo & Alexa Forums

Troubles with replacement Echo dot

Danny2807

Troubles with replacement Echo dot
« on: May 29, 2020, 05:30:16 pm »
Hi all,

So I contacted Amazon a few days ago regarding a faulty echo dot that wasn’t turning on with no lights. That was all sorted, and Amazon arranged a free replacement to be delivered.

So the replacement Echo Dot was delivered today, and I have to say, I’m shocked. The Dot arrived half-heartedly packaged in a loose generic cardboard box, and when I unpacked it, I noticed that the fabric was stained on the side, and there was a chip on the top of it. Also, when compared to my previous Dot, I noticed that the sticker with the serial number was missing from the base.

I have to say, this new echo is in shit condition compared to my old one - which was only 3 months old. What do I do? Can I decline this new Echo because it isn’t in good enough shape? Any suggestions much appreciated...

Re: Troubles with replacement Echo dot
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 06:13:42 pm »
does it work?   if it works, most likely amazon will not replace it.  they do not guarantee brand new devices when replacing.   and refurbished are not guarantee to be in perfect condition.  you can try feedback and see what they say

Offline jwlv

Re: Troubles with replacement Echo dot
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 07:13:51 pm »
You can try asking for another replacement. I had done that about a year ago when my Fire Tablet's battery was no longer holding a charge. Amazon offered to replace it. The one that I received was a different color and the screen was all scratched up. So I contacted Amazon regarding the replacement and they offered to replace that replacement. The 2nd replacement was indeed used (refurb), but it was in much better condition and in the color that I originally had.