Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa App will not Stop!

Krtmckenney@gmail.com

Alexa App will not Stop!
« on: May 26, 2020, 07:25:52 pm »
I am about to defenstrate this thing and go to a google device.

Here's what is happening. I tell the alexa app to play something,radio, music, really anything streaming, she does.

I tell her to pause. She does for 10 seconds then continues to play.

I tell her to stop, she does for 10 seconds then continues to play.

I tell her to shut up. 10 seconds then she plays.

I threaten to delete her, she refuses to answer and continues playing.

The only way I have found to stop the reign of terror is to force kill (Kill-9) the process.

Help!

Offline jwlv

Re: Alexa App will not Stop!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 07:47:17 pm »
Is the music playing from your phone's internal speaker or thru a bluetooth device? I've seen some bluetooth devices that will take over control over a music source and continue playing even though you've stopped/paused the music from the source.

When using the Alexa app, I believe the only source Alexa can play from is Amazon Music. The app does not support playing from other sources such as IHeartRadio, Pandora, etc. So I'm not even sure how you can play other sources via the Alexa app.

If you plan on going to Google, you already have it (if you are using an Android phone). If you're on an iPhone, then you'll need to download the Google Assistant app.

Krtmckenney@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 10:46:48 pm »
I have amazon music. For any other streaming media I just ask alexa to play it.

For the voice interface I have echo auto, however I had the same problem with roav viva.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 06:55:57 am »
I am about to defenstrate this thing and go to a google device.

Here's what is happening. I tell the alexa app to play something,radio, music, really anything streaming, she does.

I tell her to pause. She does for 10 seconds then continues to play.

I tell her to stop, she does for 10 seconds then continues to play.

I tell her to shut up. 10 seconds then she plays.

I threaten to delete her, she refuses to answer and continues playing.

The only way I have found to stop the reign of terror is to force kill (Kill-9) the process.

Help!

Absolutely nobody here cares whether or not you go to a google device.  In fact there are several here that has both. 

anyway, did you try using cancel?