Echo & Alexa Forums

Our groceries default list?

Meenie50

Our groceries default list?
« on: May 26, 2020, 11:19:02 am »
Our groceries has worked great. But I changed the list name to Payless and added another list named Walmart. Now Alexa says I have no default list.
Our groceries says to say "Alexa, make default list " Payless".
That doesn't work.
It says to ask Alexa what my default list is, she says she doesn't know that.
I'm at my wit's end.
Nothing in our groceries instructions help!!

Re: Our groceries default list?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 08:37:47 am »
Our groceries has worked great. But I changed the list name to Payless and added another list named Walmart. Now Alexa says I have no default list.
Our groceries says to say "Alexa, make default list " Payless".
That doesn't work.
It says to ask Alexa what my default list is, she says she doesn't know that.
I'm at my wit's end.
Nothing in our groceries instructions help!!

You have to tell which list things go on when "adding them"... I have several lists, some of which are Walmart, Sams Club, Wish, Tom Thumb, and Amazon... Whenever I add an item, I tell teh echo which list to put it on... EVERY TIME... always have. Have not heard of a "default" list.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 11:00:12 am »
I don't specify a list.  I just say 'Alexa, add milk" and it gets added to my shopping list.  I guess that must be the default list, shopping.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 12:46:21 pm »
I don't specify a list.  I just say 'Alexa, add milk" and it gets added to my shopping list.  I guess that must be the default list, shopping.

do you have more than one shopping list and use our groceries skill/app?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 12:58:33 pm by renegade600 »

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 12:51:47 pm »
say “Alexa, tell OurGroceries to set my default list to Safeway.”

https://www.ourgroceries.com/user-guide#amazon_alexa

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 08:05:35 pm »
This is one of those areas I think Alexa does fine with... I have a difficult time seeing where you need another Skill to muddy the waters.

I didn't even recognize the OP had a Skill for this in use, until I read the last couple of comments... Alexa Lists are Awesome and save the items on the list to re-use later... my wife and I go through the list of items we have put on the list previously, to help us decide what we need each week before we go to the store, and also add and remove items by voice if we don't remember whether the item is on the previous lists... On my Phone (and my wife's) in the Alexa app, we just click on the menu stripes , upper left corner for iPhone, and then from that menu, choose lists. After that when you choose the list you want to see, it shows the currently chosen items at the top (Not in any specific order I don't think), and at the bottom of THAT list, the items that have been put on the list before and have been checked off, are also there, in darker print with an open circle next to them to allow you to re-use that item on the current list. Make a practice list and it becomes clear when you use it how things work. Pretty easy to go through the store and check off items as you shop as well.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 01:26:09 am »
This is one of those areas I think Alexa does fine with... I have a difficult time seeing where you need another Skill to muddy the waters.

I agree, but how many are still using skills from the time before they became unnecessary for some apps.  no reason to check as long as it is working.   

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 10:46:00 am »
do you have more than one shopping list and use our groceries skill/app?
Yes, about 4 or 5 different lists but no, I don't use the groceries skill/app.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 12:55:38 pm »
Yes, about 4 or 5 different lists but no, I don't use the groceries skill/app.

just wanted to clarify things since different shopping list apps can do different things through alexa