Echo & Alexa Forums

Playing 'My Media' on all devices

-Chris-

Playing 'My Media' on all devices
« on: May 24, 2020, 05:15:29 am »
How do you get all Alexas Echos in the home to play randomly, the same track from your media collection on all devices at the same time please?  Over two years, I've only managed to do it once and can't seem to be able to do it again.

Offline jwlv

Re: Playing 'My Media' on all devices
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 07:48:22 am »
In the Alexa app, set up a group called "everywhere" and add all of your Echo devices to that group. Then when you say, "play something something on everywhere" all of your Echo devices in the everywhere group will play.

-Chris-

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 08:19:48 am »
In the Alexa app, set up a group called "everywhere" and add all of your Echo devices to that group. Then when you say, "play something something on everywhere" all of your Echo devices in the everywhere group will play.
Thank you very much, that has worked. 

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 09:08:44 am »
Thank you very much, that has worked. 

seems to me it worked before without the alexa setting in the past but I guess when Alexa added the everywhere setting they dropped support. 

-Chris-

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 07:47:39 am »
Just tried it again and it doesn't work???  Anyone else here having similar issues please?

-Chris-

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 07:48:40 am »
I've tried saying:
Alexa open my media on the everywhere group

-Chris-

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 11:06:19 am »
When trying to play music from your hard drive via multi speakers through the house on the same network, do you set up a Group or a Speaker Group?