Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

alexa answers

alexa answers
« on: May 22, 2020, 05:47:39 am »
sometimes you just got to laugh at the answers alexa gives.  I ask how many individual tea bags are in a family bag for the fun of it as I was making tea.   Alexa started explaining the fertility rate to me.  It showed the question I asked on the screen so it heard me right.  Now I wonder if there is some sort of relationship between the two  :-)

decided to ask the same to google home.  It just said it could not find that information...

Re: alexa answers
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 01:13:04 pm »
Do you participate in "Alexa Answers" online? There is actually a place to submit any answer you wish, to questions that have been asked and Alexa did not have an answer for. I have seen some really screwed up answers to things I knew on the lists of questions. I have answered about 50 questions with what I believe are very good answers. Some are very short answers, such as "No. It cannot", and some really drawn out answers about a specific person who played so-in-so on a show, giving a bit of their acting history as part of the answer. If the history isn't too long of course... I won't be answering and including all about John Wayne or Samuel L. Jackson... the lists would be too long and I'd lose interest before I got very far... so listing a few items that were extremely popular, I just say "and many other roles".

What I guess I'm saying is, the answers are provided by humans... sometimes not the brightest ones... even I may not be as bright as I think I am, but I can say without a doubt, I rank head and shoulders above many on the Alexa Answers pages... LOL
My Alexa environment includes :
1 Full Sized Echo
3 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 Echo Dot 3rd gen, One with Clock
1 Echo Spot
Several Hue Lights with a single bridge
5 Fire Tablets (1 as a control panel in Kitchen)
One Ring Doorbell Pro
Also 4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 09:10:27 am »
I thought about doing it in the past but decided not too.  too lazy to make sure my sentence structure and spelling was up to par.  :-)

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 09:10:14 am »
I thought about doing it in the past but decided not too.  too lazy to make sure my sentence structure and spelling was up to par.  :-)

Just think it out as though Alexa would say it... works out fine.
My Alexa environment includes :
1 Full Sized Echo
3 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 Echo Dot 3rd gen, One with Clock
1 Echo Spot
Several Hue Lights with a single bridge
5 Fire Tablets (1 as a control panel in Kitchen)
One Ring Doorbell Pro
Also 4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!