Echo & Alexa Forums

alexa answers

alexa answers
« on: May 22, 2020, 05:47:39 am »
sometimes you just got to laugh at the answers alexa gives.  I ask how many individual tea bags are in a family bag for the fun of it as I was making tea.   Alexa started explaining the fertility rate to me.  It showed the question I asked on the screen so it heard me right.  Now I wonder if there is some sort of relationship between the two  :-)

decided to ask the same to google home.  It just said it could not find that information...

Re: alexa answers
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 01:13:04 pm »
Do you participate in "Alexa Answers" online? There is actually a place to submit any answer you wish, to questions that have been asked and Alexa did not have an answer for. I have seen some really screwed up answers to things I knew on the lists of questions. I have answered about 50 questions with what I believe are very good answers. Some are very short answers, such as "No. It cannot", and some really drawn out answers about a specific person who played so-in-so on a show, giving a bit of their acting history as part of the answer. If the history isn't too long of course... I won't be answering and including all about John Wayne or Samuel L. Jackson... the lists would be too long and I'd lose interest before I got very far... so listing a few items that were extremely popular, I just say "and many other roles".

What I guess I'm saying is, the answers are provided by humans... sometimes not the brightest ones... even I may not be as bright as I think I am, but I can say without a doubt, I rank head and shoulders above many on the Alexa Answers pages... LOL
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 09:10:27 am »
I thought about doing it in the past but decided not too.  too lazy to make sure my sentence structure and spelling was up to par.  :-)

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 09:10:14 am »
I thought about doing it in the past but decided not too.  too lazy to make sure my sentence structure and spelling was up to par.  :-)

Just think it out as though Alexa would say it... works out fine.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!