Echo & Alexa Forums

Using Phone To Control Dots / Multiroom Music???

Witterings

Using Phone To Control Dots / Multiroom Music???
« on: May 14, 2020, 06:19:00 pm »
I have 2 dots set up, one called Kitchen and one called Lounge and the 2 of them as a group called Everywhere and have Prime memebership in case that's relevant.

I mainly bought them beccause of the ease of saying "Play 80's Rock Music" and then just letting it go through a playlist without me having to do anything and if a track comes up I don't live just being able to say skip track.

I also have garden speakers that are connected via the Lounge dot and have installed Amazon Music on my phone.
You can say "Play 80's Rock Music Everywhere" into the phone and it's start streaming to the 2 devices but after this there's no way of controlling the music via the phone either with voice commands or buttons in the media player.

Does anybody know i there's any workaround for this or if I've not eanbled something so I can?

Re: Using Phone To Control Dots / Multiroom Music???
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 08:05:26 pm »
You could use the Alexa app on the phone to make the command, if the deal is you need to use the phone... There's a little Alexa emblem you press to allow voice commands, bottom center on Apple version of the app... not sure about the Android version. Works kinda like a Siri or hey google thing... but you do have to push a button first to talk specifically to Alexa.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!