Echo & Alexa Forums

All devices disappeared from iphone but still respond to voice?

TomG

All groups and devices, lights, switches disappeared from my Alexa App on my iphone.  They all still respond to voice commands but I cannot see or get to them to modify routines, etc.

Offline jwlv

Re: All devices disappeared from iphone but still respond to voice?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 11:59:36 am »
Did you make sure you are logged in on the right account in the app?

TomG

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 04:55:23 pm »
jwlv, thank you for your reply.  I do not find a place to sign in or sign out and it opens with my name and when I click on Activities it shows history from long ago... so it must be logged into my account.  It is like somehow all my devices were removed, but they all still work verbally?  Thanks for your interest.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 06:50:37 pm »
if the devices were removed from your alexa account, they would not work.  do you have alexa installed on another device?   also check your account on your computer at alexa.amazon.com

try restarting your phone.  also try signing out of alexa, then sign back in on your phone.   I am assuming alexa app on the iphone is similar so to sign out by opening the app, go to settings, then scroll to the very bottom of the screen. 

TomG

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 07:55:56 pm »
SOLVED, Thanks Renegade and jwlv.  I found where to sign out on my Alexa app on my phone.. signed out, signed back in.... it all came back and worked like old times.  Just needed a reboot I guess.  Thanks for your interest and help
tom