Echo & Alexa Forums

amazon alexa issues after upgrade internet

dafnos

amazon alexa issues after upgrade internet
« on: May 08, 2020, 04:00:43 am »
yesterday i made an upgrade in my network and the company send me a new router.

after changing the router my amazon echo show 8 and echo dot 3 do not work properly as they do not responde to me or it take to much time to responde by receiveing "sorry something went wrong".

i reset all the devices and set up from the begin with the same results.

i transferred the devices in my mother's home and they work properly with her network so i believe that the problem is the new router, maybe some restrictions.

any idea?

Re: amazon alexa issues after upgrade internet
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 04:35:55 am »
Did you change the SSID and password for all of your smart devices?  If you did not, the best thing to do is to go into the router settings and use your old SSID and password.  Also, you may need to do a power cycle on all of your devices by unplugging them for at least 40 seconds.  That is what I had to do when I changed my router last year. 

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 07:29:20 am »
Some newer dualband routers have auto switching of the wifi frequence enabled this is to improve quality. Ive heard stories of this causing issues  the router switches back to 5 gihz and staus there.
Make sure the router is set to 2 ghz and if it has auto switching disable it

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 11:08:21 am »
If your 2ghz and 5 ghz have the same SID you may also wish to make them different simply adding a  "-A" to one. This way it won't  auto switch and Alexa will always try to connect to the coorect one.