Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show 8 goes to sleep after a certain period...

garywm

Echo Show 8 goes to sleep after a certain period...
« on: April 30, 2020, 08:50:19 pm »
Is it possible to prevent the Show 8 from going to sleep after a period of time?

Laurel

Re: Echo Show 8 goes to sleep after a certain period...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 12:03:52 pm »
I think it isn't possible. I've read all about this problem and there seems to be no answer to stopping it from happening.

mindmagic

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 06:56:04 am »
Could you please explain what you mean by "goes to sleep"? Mine doesn't, but it does go into night mode - dark screen - in low light. It would also, if I had the camera turned on, put a large clock bottom left if it detected no motion for a while. As I have the camera off it sticks with the small top left clock.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 07:53:47 am »
Could you please explain what you mean by "goes to sleep"? Mine doesn't, but it does go into night mode - dark screen - in low light. It would also, if I had the camera turned on, put a large clock bottom left if it detected no motion for a while. As I have the camera off it sticks with the small top left clock.

I am assuming night mode is what the op was talking about.   

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 07:55:32 am »
Is it possible to prevent the Show 8 from going to sleep after a period of time?

if you are talking about night mode, try going to settings - home & clock - nightmode.  you should be able to disable it there.