Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo Show 8 goes to sleep after a certain period...

Echo Show 8 goes to sleep after a certain period...
« on: April 30, 2020, 08:50:19 pm »
Is it possible to prevent the Show 8 from going to sleep after a period of time?

Offline Laurel

Re: Echo Show 8 goes to sleep after a certain period...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 12:03:52 pm »
I think it isn't possible. I've read all about this problem and there seems to be no answer to stopping it from happening.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 06:56:04 am »
Could you please explain what you mean by "goes to sleep"? Mine doesn't, but it does go into night mode - dark screen - in low light. It would also, if I had the camera turned on, put a large clock bottom left if it detected no motion for a while. As I have the camera off it sticks with the small top left clock.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 07:53:47 am »
Could you please explain what you mean by "goes to sleep"? Mine doesn't, but it does go into night mode - dark screen - in low light. It would also, if I had the camera turned on, put a large clock bottom left if it detected no motion for a while. As I have the camera off it sticks with the small top left clock.

I am assuming night mode is what the op was talking about.   

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 07:55:32 am »
Is it possible to prevent the Show 8 from going to sleep after a period of time?

if you are talking about night mode, try going to settings - home & clock - nightmode.  you should be able to disable it there.