Echo & Alexa Forums

Mature system suddenly developed issuses - mainly no radio - but others too

pm1961

From having a mature, 3 device home system that worked perfectly, they've all developed issues of varying degrees of seriouseness.....

So, the list is;

1: Echo........ Gen 1
2. Echo..........Gen 2
3. Echo Plus.. Gen 2

2&3 are both working fine on the face of it... they respond to normal commands... they can answer questions.... play music from my amazon prime account etc etc...

The bizarre bit comes when you ask it to play a radio station... Tune In or BBC, makes no difference.... Alexa acknowledges the request, tells me "Here's radio ... " and then .... silence..... Sometimes it chimes up with "we can't bring you that station at the moment..." sometimes not..... but that's it.....

I've been round the whole gamut of resets, router resets..... etc.... No change....

No 1....... Just will not reconnect to my wifi system at all..... it keeps returning either "cannot connect" or "wrong password"..... Needless to say its not the wrong password..... What confuses me is that the device has negotiated a connection with the DHCP server and IS connected according to my router....

I've done the all the resets, incuding deregistering the device, factory resets etc.... all to no avail.....

Just for complete disclosure.... I use pfsense as my server/firewall and a netgear nighthawk router in AP mode for wifi access. As I said. it's a mature setup with no previous issues in relation to Alexa, but just in case someone knows of any issues that may have crept in through the back door....

It's doing my nut in! Any help/suggestions gratefully received.....

Paul

rickcoenen

I have a somewhat similar problem.

Radioapp just stopped working the same way you describe. Appears to accept the command, but then just doesn't start up.

Also having a vaguely related issue with my news updates in that they are not being updated. I'm just hearing the same update from 4 days ago.