Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa app upgrade for desktop

Jennica

Alexa app upgrade for desktop
« on: April 21, 2020, 12:36:33 pm »
Hi! When I try to access My Music Library from the desktop app I get a message that says:

Alexa app update required.
To browse Amazon Music, you must download the latest version of the Alexa app.

Where do I find this update for the app? I've googled it and only see one from the Microsoft site for Windows 10. I am running Windows 8.1.

Thanks!

Re: Alexa app upgrade for desktop
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 01:20:14 pm »
did you try accessing it directly from your browser?

Jennica

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 11:09:30 pm »
did you try accessing it directly from your browser?

I was unclear in my original post, my bad. I've always accessed it successfully from the browser. Now it's telling me I need to upgrade my app, when I've never had an app.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 11:27:00 pm »
check your browser and check to see if drm is enable.  also make sure you delete the browser cache.   otherwise it sounds like either the site or the browser needs to be updated.  nothing you can do about this until it fixes itself.  in the meantime, give another browser a try.

Jennica

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 12:02:21 am »
check your browser and check to see if drm is enable.  also make sure you delete the browser cache.   otherwise it sounds like either the site or the browser needs to be updated.  nothing you can do about this until it fixes itself.  in the meantime, give another browser a try.

I've cleared the cache, checked the DRM is enabled, and updated to latest browser. I also tried other browsers. I'm wondering if the features will only run now on Windows 10. At any rate, I'll wait and see if it fixes itself, like you said.

Thanks for the help!  :)

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 12:25:46 am »
in the meantime, maybe contact amazon and see what they say.