Echo & Alexa Forums

Setting alarm actually sets a timer!!!

dvsatech

Setting alarm actually sets a timer!!!
« on: April 19, 2020, 01:19:58 am »
So I am fairly new to the echo, less than a year. But I have been having an issue and when I search many others have been complaining about it as well and the answer is always to factory reset your echo. Here it is. When I go to bed I often want to sleep for a specific amount of time not sleep until a time. So before I lay down I say "alexa set my alarm for 7 hours" Then if you say alexa what alarms do I have it will say NONE. The same will happen for ANY alarm you set for a duration. The way I set  my alarm for 7 hours it actually sets a timer for 7 hours! I have verified this my asking "alexa list my timers" and it tells me how much time is left on my 7 hour timer! I cant tell you how many forums I have read about this issue and every one of them say there is something wrong with the echo when its actually a programming bug. If I say set an alarm it should be an alarm and not a timer! I hope this helps others from going crazy. If you want an alarm you have to give it a time like "set my alarm for 7AM", that will be an alarm not a timer.

Re: Setting alarm actually sets a timer!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 03:52:03 am »
when you set an alarm, you need to set it like an alarm, not a timer.  you really need to get familiar with the alarm commands. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GRLNCMMURS9FPEXY