Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Setting alarm actually sets a timer!!!

Setting alarm actually sets a timer!!!
« on: April 19, 2020, 01:19:58 am »
So I am fairly new to the echo, less than a year. But I have been having an issue and when I search many others have been complaining about it as well and the answer is always to factory reset your echo. Here it is. When I go to bed I often want to sleep for a specific amount of time not sleep until a time. So before I lay down I say "alexa set my alarm for 7 hours" Then if you say alexa what alarms do I have it will say NONE. The same will happen for ANY alarm you set for a duration. The way I set  my alarm for 7 hours it actually sets a timer for 7 hours! I have verified this my asking "alexa list my timers" and it tells me how much time is left on my 7 hour timer! I cant tell you how many forums I have read about this issue and every one of them say there is something wrong with the echo when its actually a programming bug. If I say set an alarm it should be an alarm and not a timer! I hope this helps others from going crazy. If you want an alarm you have to give it a time like "set my alarm for 7AM", that will be an alarm not a timer.

Re: Setting alarm actually sets a timer!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 03:52:03 am »
when you set an alarm, you need to set it like an alarm, not a timer.  you really need to get familiar with the alarm commands. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GRLNCMMURS9FPEXY