Echo & Alexa Forums

Ghost routine

Timreddin

Ghost routine
« on: April 15, 2020, 04:25:54 am »
I created a routine a long time back to play radio and turn on WEMO light a long time back and scheduled it for 625am weekdays.

Sometime later my wemo was disconnected and not used. There have probably been a few firmware upgrades since.

The routine still activates each Wednesday morning :( and wakes me up early.

However I cannot find any way to list it or delete it. I have no alarms set and no routines. I created a simple routine to see if it would expose the ghost but not luck.

I’m getting very grumpy every Wednesday morning. Any help appreciated. 

Re: Ghost routine
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 09:43:08 am »
did you check the wemo app to see if it was there

Offline jwlv

Re: Ghost routine
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 09:53:30 am »
A while back, Wemo did not need a skill to work with Alexa. Wemo was one of the first smart devices that Alexa supported, even before Philips Hue. Back then, there was no such thing as skills. Even when skills came about, Wemo could work with or without the skill. Some time between then and now, things changed. Native support for Wemo was removed and the skill was required. Perhaps you were caught between that time.

You can try installing the Wemo skill, link it with your Amazon account, and then removing and disable the skill. That might  cause Alexa to re-sync w/ any old ghost routines or phantom devices and realize they don't exist any more.