Echo & Alexa Forums

Spam in these forums

Offline jwlv

Spam in these forums
« on: April 14, 2020, 06:55:11 am »
With much of the world staying at home due to the pandemic, spammers are on overdrive. We've logged more than 27000 spammers in the past 90 days alone. The vast majority of them come from Russia. As a counter measure I have blocked all accounts from Russia. If you are a legitimate user from Russia, I apologize. This was not due to any fault on your part. With an average of 300 spammers every day, I do not have the time or resources to validate each and every user. I do not get paid for running this forum. It actually costs me more money to keep the website up and running than to just delete the whole thing.

If you see a message that appears to be spam, please report it by clicking the "Report to Moderator" link at the bottom of every post. This will help me and the other moderators remove the spam quickly and clear the way for legitimate users.

If you are a new user, you will have to pass new anti-spam security measures. These will include answering some knowledge questions such as, How many wheels does a car have? I realize these silly questions are an annoyance but it is effective in slowing down the spammers. If they have to slow down, they will likely just move on and go somewhere else.

Just a reminder, Echo/Alexa support is free from Amazon. If you are asked to pay for Echo/Alexa support, you are not dealing with Amazon. That's like bringing your device to a computer repair shop. They probably can help you but they will charge you for their services. If you're okay with that, then there's no problem. Just be aware that Amazon can help you with your Echo/Alexa for free.

Stay safe and use your Echo devices to stay in contact with loved ones. Using an Echo Show for video conferencing is a great way to stay in touch. Use this forum to expand your knowledge and understanding of your Echo devices and what it can do for you. Take advantage of free phone calls with any Echo device. Just say Alexa dial 213-555-1234 to call any phone number in the US and Canada for free. Other countries may have free phone calls as well. Please check with Amazon to confirm.