Echo & Alexa Forums

Cannot restore default alarm sound

Jeyey

Cannot restore default alarm sound
« on: April 13, 2020, 10:09:53 am »
On my Echo Dot I sampled each of the three celebrity alarm sounds and liked none of them. Now there is no default sound to restore and no custom sounds to choose from.  Is there any way to restore the original default sound?

Re: Cannot restore default alarm sound
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 04:31:08 pm »
try gong to settings, reminder & alarms, settings at bottom, select your device, sound.   

Jeyey

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 09:43:22 am »
Thanks Renegade 600. The only route to Sounds on my app is via Settings / device settings / Echo dot / Sounds / Alarm. It then offers three options under "Celebrity sounds" and nothing under "Default sounds" and there is no response if I click directly on "Default sounds". The route you suggest is not available on the app on my phone. I'm in the UK, if you're not maybe there are different versions of the app?

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 09:51:23 am »
if you go that way, it don't show the sounds.  so you are saying you do not have a reminder and alarm selection in your app?   are you clicking the three lines at the top left when you open the app?   You should have a list of features and the third one  should be reminders & alarms.