Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo dots all reset at once, unprovoked

northernlights

Echo dots all reset at once, unprovoked
« on: April 04, 2020, 01:04:45 am »
I have about 4 dots in my house for the last 6 months. Today when turning on my fire enabled tv and cueing up one of the apps. ALL echo dots simultaneously went off line and reset. Unprovoked. Not sure if the fire tv had anything to do with it. Now they all flash purple and say wifi not set up. No power surge and internet was stable. Anybody have an idea what happened?

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo dots all reset at once, unprovoked
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 01:14:41 am »
You should check your Amazon account to make sure nothing is wrong there and that all your devices are still listed.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 02:34:38 am »
as the previous post stated, check your amazon account and make sure everything is good.  otherwise, what happened to you is extremely unusual.  there are no settings that I know of that will reset all your devices at once.   the only thing I can think of is if you did something that could get you banned from amazon. 

northernlights

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 11:31:57 am »
I think I figured out what happened. All my echo dots were set up using my almost ex-wife's amazon account. (forgot I had done that). She must have registered a new amazon echo and dumped all my devices...