Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa hooked up to my printer!

Alexa hooked up to my printer!
« on: April 01, 2020, 08:34:36 am »
I git an email telling me that Alexa has been connected to mob wireless printer (without any prompting or set up) and I can't believe it... it actually works. I don't know what all it can do, but so far I've printed out Lined paper (one sided notebook paper, in black and white), and a page of Graph paper. Says it'll print your amazon shopping lists and the things as well... Probably one of the coolest un-wished-for things I can think if for these little giants. Not sure if I can print any kind of documents yet, but I bet I can print recipes from online web pages and stuff. I'll let you know if I find anything else that works so well and easily. Very cool addition to an already amazing little gadget. And this is not an April fools joke either... very much for real.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 08:36:15 am by scottrods »
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Re: Alexa hooked up to my printer!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 10:55:10 am »
I know nothing about this but I have noticed some recent changes in the shopping list.   are you able to print using your phone.  if so, maybe that is how your printer got set up.   I may have to play with it later today and see if it works for me .  thanks for the heads up - unless this is an april fools joke. 

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 07:48:59 pm »
my printer is totally wireless, so it's on the same wireless network as Alexa and everything else, including my phone when at home. The email I got just was a "Hey dude, we hooked up Alexa to your printer" kinda email and said here's few commands you might like. It will print bbyvoice a few things... Says it will print my to do list and such.

Here's the commands it listed to try.

Just say, "Alexa, print my shopping list."

THINGS TO TRY

"Alexa, print my to-do list"
"Alexa, print an easy maze"
"Alexa, print a daily Sudoku"
"Alexa, print lined paper"
"Alexa, print graph paper"
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

briancbb

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 03:39:24 pm »
Is this an April 1st joke???

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 04:45:21 pm »
Is this an April 1st joke???

you have been able to print using alexa for a while now. I originally thought the auto setup was a joke - thought printer skills needed to be installed but might night be for all printers

briancbb

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 04:52:38 pm »
you have been able to print using alexa for a while now. I originally thought the auto setup was a joke - thought printer skills needed to be installed but might night be for all printers

Looks like I will have to have a play.  It would be handy right now to be able to print the 'Shopping List'.  I'm in the UK, so hope it is here.