Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo Show 5 special deal

Offline jwlv

Echo Show 5 special deal
« on: March 19, 2020, 03:50:41 pm »
Ugh! As if I needed another Echo Show 5, but I just couldn't pass up this deal.

Echo Show 5 for $69.99 (normally $89.99) + Free Wyze Cam (normally $24.99)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z4G6LN2/

I already have several Wyze Cams, some of them v1. Whenever I see a deal, I buy the newer v2 so that I eventually replace the remaining v1's that I still have. I'm also replacing the last of my original Echo (gen 1) with Echo Show 5's.

Re: Echo Show 5 special deal
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 04:32:17 pm »
they should have purchase the wyze cam and get the show free  :-)  I already have too many shows.  one for each room.  all of my dots are gathering dust in a drawer.   

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 08:06:51 pm »
they should have purchase the wyze cam and get the show free  :-)  I already have too many shows.  one for each room.  all of my dots are gathering dust in a drawer.   

You remember when the Show first came out and many people were saying that nobody wants a screen because Alexa is voice enabled. I said that myself. Turns out, I like the screen! :)

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 04:18:12 am »

You remember when the Show first came out and many people were saying that nobody wants a screen because Alexa is voice enabled. I said that myself. Turns out, I like the screen! :)

you are right, it really did not make sense at first to have a screen.  they really seemed useless. 

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 08:39:13 am »

I just add more Echo products to the room... multiple echos makes it easier to get one to hear you in some instances and then other times 4 of them hear me... but only one responds and it's normally (if not always) the one nearest me when I speak the wake word.
Get those dots out and use them or gift them to someone... make them work for somebody.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
My Alexa environment includes :
1 Full Sized Echo
3 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 Echo Dot 3rd gen, One with Clock
1 Echo Spot
Several Hue Lights with a single bridge
5 Fire Tablets (1 as a control panel in Kitchen)
One Ring Doorbell Pro
Also 4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 01:30:42 pm »

I just add more Echo products to the room... multiple echos makes it easier to get one to hear you in some instances and then other times 4 of them hear me... but only one responds and it's normally (if not always) the one nearest me when I speak the wake word.
Get those dots out and use them or gift them to someone... make them work for somebody.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

the dots are backups.   One might be going outside to a shed, but not sure.  las far as multi echo devices in a room, basically I ran out of outlets and have too many surge protectors or I would do it.