Echo & Alexa Forums

Can't set volume level with voice

Jerryo100

Can't set volume level with voice
« on: March 17, 2020, 07:26:59 pm »
When I ask Alexa to set a volume level, it says "my media doesn't support that" This just started happening and is affecting my Dots, Spot and Echo Plus. I checked and I don't have the my media skill and it's not enabled on Amazon. I can ask Alexa to disable my media and it responds "OK" but the problem persists. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jerry

Re: Can't set volume level with voice
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 04:59:14 am »
what is the exact command you are giving to change the volume?

Jerryo100

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 01:30:53 pm »
Alexa set volume to level xx. Everything is back to normal now. I have no idea what was going on, but it seems to have resolved itself. Thanks for the reply.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 02:53:25 pm »
that happens quite a bit with alexa.   it seems a lot of problems fixes itself.  makes me wonder if they are not doing enough testing of updates before releasing. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 12:25:22 am »
One of my many Echo Show 5's started to ignore my volume commands. I would say, "Alexa volume 6" and it would ignore the command. Unplugged and replugged, no difference. I ended up doing a factory reset and it started working correctly again.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 07:46:51 am by jwlv »

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 04:21:37 am »
One of my many Echo Show 5'S started to ignore my volume commands. I would say, "Alexa volume 6" and it would ignore the command. Unplugged and replugged, no difference. I ended up doing a factorY reset and it started working correctly again.

the opposite happened to me.  was having trouble with my kitchen lights and deleted the kitchen bulb but I was not paying attention and accidentally deleted the kitchen show.   too many devices named kitchen.   Now alexa will not respond to some commands after the reset.