Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Multiple voice commands executing the same skill?

Multiple voice commands executing the same skill?
« on: March 17, 2020, 11:43:13 am »
I give Alexa a voice command to turn off certain lights.  The issue is that the programmed name may not have the 's' on lights, and Alexa hears 'lights' and then asks if I meant 'light'.  Question:  Can I set up a programmed command for 'light' and also 'lights', so Alexa will respond to either or both?  I have tried programming the name with the 's' in parenthesis, example  light(s), but it does not work consistently.  Thanks

Re: Multiple voice commands executing the same skill?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 05:01:56 pm »
or you can eliminate the word light as part of the name.  for example, just name the light kitchen, living room or whatever.    however if you insist on using light/lights as part of the name, then create a group with just the one light to add the s.   there still could be confusion but maybe it will not be as often