Echo & Alexa Forums

Turn on and off a Windows computer ???

urazyjazzy

Turn on and off a Windows computer ???
« on: March 14, 2020, 06:16:01 am »
Hi guys... Is there a way that I can turn on and off my computer using Alexa for windows 10. I have tried Connect skill but it does not turn it on because it shuts down the computer completely. I dont use ethernet so wake on lan is not possible after putting it to sleep either.. Is there a usb dongle which can connect to alexa and wake my computer via usb . My mouse can trigger my wake that's why I was looking for a solution for that. It would be awesome to create a scenario where I say Movie time and it turns on my pc and projector  turn the lights off before I even go to my cinema room ;) 

Re: Turn on and off a Windows computer ???
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 07:43:09 am »
Have you tried Windows Cortana? Alexaand cortana are said to work together now.
Another method is to set your pc to reset to previous stat in the bios then plug it into a smart plug not the best but it does work.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 12:49:57 pm »
the only way at this time is to use a smart plug.  if the computer is not running, the win10 alexa app is not running so there is absolutely no way for alexa to turn on your computer without help. 

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 05:34:44 am »
I use a switchbot with hub work with Alexa to press the win10 pc on/off buttom and it work well