Echo & Alexa Forums

Frequently Played Music

Althalis

Frequently Played Music
« on: March 07, 2020, 01:41:39 pm »
If I ask Alexa to "Play music I like", she'll play my liked and most played music. If I ask her to "Play music I like to the everywhere group", she'll say, "Here's a playlist you might like", or she'll play music I've bought from Amazon.
It worked fine for like a year, and started this a couple months ago. We've had Music Unlimited since the day we got our first echo.
Has anyone else had this, and is there a fix?

Althalis

Re: Frequently Played Music
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 10:52:23 pm »
Also, in my "Liked and most played" are songs that she's played for months. Now, randomly, she's started playing other versions of the songs. One is a metal version! Sometimes they're just live versions or they just sound slightly different.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 01:28:35 pm »
Just like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, the library of available content will change weekly or monthly. If a particular artist is no longer licensed by Amazon Prime Music, then Alexa will find a replacement for it. But if you pay for Amazon Music Unlimited, the available content will not change as much. That is, you get what you pay for.

Althalis

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 05:32:19 pm »
I'll give an example that just happened. "Una Mas Cerveza" by Billy Bacon and the Forbidden Pigs is on my list and was the correct version for a while. Today it started playing but it was a different version of the same song but also by Billy Bacon. Just a different recording with some of the words different. I stopped it and requested "Una Mas Cerveza" by Billy Bacon, and she played the correct one. I think it's just the same song name and same artist confuses her?
I'm actually more concerned about my original question, why she can't play my playlist to the everywhere group, but can play it to a single device.