Echo & Alexa Forums

Default Radio App

ksb

Default Radio App
« on: April 07, 2018, 11:02:36 am »
When I ask Alexa to go to a radio station, it defaults to iHeart. I want it to go to Tune In. Is it possible and how?

AlanH

Re: Default Radio App
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 12:50:00 pm »
Settings > Music and Media > Choose Default Music Services

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 04:07:04 pm »
I used to request Tunein most time, then when I forgot I would sometimes get iHeart.  It really doesn't matter it is the same station.  But, I returned to saying tunein, and  after a while the Alexa got trained that I wanted tunein, not iHeart, and today all I need say is to play station X and it plays on tunein every time. For now, say play station X on tunein until Alexa gets trained.

BigErch

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 05:25:06 am »
Hi, I'm new to Alexa and I'm trying to setup a default Radio Station. I mostly listen to one local radio station and so I just want to tell Alexa to "Turn Radio on" and my station to play automatically.
You may ask why don't I use the full station name and it's because Alexa struggles with my Scottish accent and it usually takes 2 attempts for her to understand me! lol
There is a Default Station entry on the App under settings - music - default services - default station but it's fixed to Amazon Music and I can't change it.
Any ideas except elocution lessons ;)

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 01:52:32 pm »
You cannot set a default station with Alexa. You can choose a preferred music source, such as Pandora, Amazon music, or Spotify. But if you want to play a specific station by saying "turn radio on" you can probably do that by creating a routine. One obstacle might be the fact that "turn on" is a reserved phrase that Alexa uses to turn on a smart switch or light. A routine that uses the same phrase might not work as expected.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 02:37:52 pm by jwlv »