Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

How to make a Conditional Branching Routine in Alexa?

How to make a Conditional Branching Routine in Alexa?
« on: March 04, 2020, 07:57:40 pm »
I'm trying to find a way to create a conditional branching reminder, by turning an Alexa Reminder into a Routine, as follows:
Instead of "At 10AM Ask: "Mr Jones, did you take your meds today?" (repeated twice as every Reminder is); and then silence; how about:

If Mr Jones says "Yes" then Alexa says: "Good for You!" and stops;
Otherwise the question is repeated hourly until Jones either says "Yes" or "ShutUp!"

I realize this could probably be done by creating a Skill but I don't feel I measure up yet to grasping that challenge and would like to see if I could do it as suggested above. (On the computer, I could probably have done it inside a relational database management program, but Alexa is a new challenge and I'm a lot older now!)
I've thought about weaving in IFTTT somehow, but didn't get very far and maybe it wouldn't be needed.

Any suggestions or advice would be very welcome!