Echo & Alexa Forums

smartbulbs connection issues

smartbulbs connection issues
« on: March 01, 2020, 01:28:57 pm »
strange problem. I have several bulbs alexa which tends to claim not responding or no such bulb exist. This includes GE and Hue bulbs. All bulbs are connected to the hue bridge

1. They work with google home with no problems
2. I can dim them in the alexa app but not turn them on/off in the app.
3. I can turn them on/off with the command turn on all hue bulbs.
4. I have a total of 26 bulbs so it is well below the hue bridge limit
5. No problems accessing the bulbs in the hue app.

To note - the ge bulbs was connected to the wink hub a few weeks ago and there was no problems. I moved them to the hue bridge to simplify my system.

any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: smartbulbs connection issues
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 01:43:30 pm »
Alexa may still be try to access them from the old hub. I found forgetting devices from the app was hit and miss and worked better from the PC also the forget all feature has been broken for some time (at least for me) the app shows the devices gone but Alexa still sees them.
 I also had/ have Alexa occasionaly say sorry device isn't  responding but it turns onor off as told. Saying yes it did seems to fix that issie for that device untill I get a power blip.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 04:45:51 pm »
Alexa may still be try to access them from the old hub. I found forgetting devices from the app was hit and miss and worked better from the PC also the forget all feature has been broken for some time (at least for me) the app shows the devices gone but Alexa still sees them.
 I also had/ have Alexa occasionaly say sorry device isn't  responding but it turns onor off as told. Saying yes it did seems to fix that issie for that device untill I get a power blip.

possibly but I deleted all bulbs from the wink hub before disconnecting it and uninstalling the wink app.  The hue bulbs it happens with are new and the ge bulbs was reset.  I also get the device not responding message with the bulbs still doing what I commanded but ignore it since it works.   

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 04:42:02 am »
just to update

I forgot I also had wink installed on a couple other devices I no longer use.  I turned on of them on to check something just before the problems started.  I went through all the old devices and made sure wink was cleared of all bulbs and uninstalled the app.  so far everything is working like they should. 

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 06:29:04 am »
Good to see you solved the issue. Reminds me of when I put a remote away in a junk box with batteries in it.
Took me a while to find out why things were coming on/off at strange times.