Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo for Surround System

Echo for Surround System
« on: February 12, 2020, 04:40:02 am »
I own two Echo Studio's and an Echo Sub. I am curious is there a soundbar that works with Alexa that will connect my studios, sub and soundbar to create a 2.1 Surround effect. I see many soundbars capable os using Alexa, but not sure if they will all create that effect?

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo for Surround System
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 02:43:49 pm »
Since you already have two Echo Studios, just put them in a group along with the Echo Sub and you can play music that will come out of all three speakers.
As for using 2.1 speakers, you can only do that via a wired connection (using the AUX outlet from the Echo) to the 2.1 speakers. If you want to go wireless, it's either several Echo devices in a group or one and only one Bluetooth speaker.

An alternative I just thought of just now is to use a Bluetooth receiver, which then connects to the 2.1 speakers via a wired connection.