Echo & Alexa Forums

newton skill rant

newton skill rant
« on: February 08, 2020, 05:55:16 pm »
I have been using the newton skill for a while.  at least two years, if you don't count the time they closed down.  It has been great since it would read emails from all email services not just the couple that alexa can now read.   Unfortunately the skill broke in December.  I keep hoping they would fix it but they would not, they don't even respond to emails and I sent a bunch and I was actually polite until...   

well today, they had the nerve to send me a bill to renew my subscription.  I emailed them and was not really that polite.  nothing bad since I don't curse but still...bet they don't respond to that email either.  at least I saved 50 bucks.

Now I got to find some way to get alexa to read all my emails again and find a good email app for my phone.   oh well...

Re: newton skill rant
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 01:59:06 pm »
look like newton will be closing up shop May 1.  sure glad I did not renew last week.  Essentials, the company that bought them will be closing too so no new phones from them. 

I really like newton when the skilled worked.  it did a better job at reading emails using alexa than alexa's own email service.   I got alexa reading again but I had to sync a couple of accounts with google so they could be read.  Alexa only reads from google and microsoft, not any other email services.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:05:08 pm by renegade600 »