Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

echo bud

echo bud
« on: February 02, 2020, 03:03:52 am »
I have the echo frames.  they are great when out and about with few issues.    Sometimes I am out and about wearing my real glasses - I wear contacts most of the time.    I am not about to change the glass in the echo frames to prescription because I wear contacts.  The next best solution is the echo buds.   decided to get a pair for when I am wearing glasses.  Got so used to the frames, it would be hard to be without alexa when not wearing them.    This past week, I saw they went on sale to 90 bucks and decided to grab a set.    Got them Friday morning and have been playing with them since.   

a few comments.  I have never worn any type of earbuds before so it will take some getting used to.    Also it took a while to figure out how to keep them from falling out or even feel like they were falling out.    Think I finally got it figured out.  IMO, the fitting test amazon provides is worthless.   Had to find a solution since touching to secure was changing settings.    Though pass through mode works good,  I think I will wear one at a time.  this way I would get longer power usage and hear better. 

still a lot to learn about them and after reading the reviews, got a lot to watch out for.

Offline jwlv

Re: echo bud
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:46:05 am »
I tried the Echo buds when they first came out. I could never get used to it. It was just uncomfortable no matter what size tip I used. I don't know if you've noticed, the black rubber tips are a magnet for dust. When I put the buds in my ear, that dust just makes me itch. Another thing was that some of the gesture commands never worked consistently. One in particular is the tap & hold gesture. To make it work consistently, I had to slap and hold. And that just blew up my ear drums. A soft tap & hold never worked consistently. After a few days, I just hated it and ended up sending it all back.

Re: echo bud
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 05:24:42 am »
and I thought all that fur on the tips was to make them more comfortable  :-)   seriously, I noticed it and it was bad.  decided not to use them.