Echo & Alexa Forums

EchoDot: little "tic" noise every 30 seconds at Bluetooth speaker.

iolinux333

Is anyone else getting the little tic noise. I hear this at my Bose Soundlink Mini II.

I would just connect via cable, but unfortunately the sound stops after two minutes through the Aux port as per my other thread.

Hopefully a software update will fix both of these issues.

I hope the Software and Hardware teams are reading these threads over at Amazon. They are doing earth shattering incredible stuff over there.

I'm a little frustrated, but still in awe of the Echo.

mike27oct

Re: EchoDot: little "tic" noise every 30 seconds at Bluetooth speaker.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 02:24:33 pm »
Maybe it is related to what you mention you are doing in the first thread. Stop that, and maybe tic will go away.

iolinux333

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 02:22:09 pm »
Exactly the opposite.

The tic is there only between the Echo and the speaker. None of my other Bluetooth transmitters make the noise this is a problem with the dot.

You're acting like an Apple fanboy please stop.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 03:14:11 pm »
>>>   You're acting like an Apple fanboy please stop.

Huh?  Who said anything about Apple?  Just trying to help you out since you are an Echo newbie doing something that no one else has mentioned doing, and getting problems. 

One last idea, and then that's it.

You could be getting RFI. (If you don't know what that is, check Google).  Have the BT speaker and Dot further apart if they are less than 3 feet or so apart..

Good luck.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 03:17:14 pm »
Exactly the opposite.

The tic is there only between the Echo and the speaker. None of my other Bluetooth transmitters make the noise this is a problem with the dot.

You're acting like an Apple fanboy please stop.

Did you actually try the suggestion to see if it helped?  After all, you are here asking for help and it was a valid suggestion.  Not all bluetooth transmitters are made the same or using the same software version. 

iolinux333

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 03:56:49 pm »
>>>   You're acting like an Apple fanboy please stop.

Huh?  Who said anything about Apple?  Just trying to help you out since you are an Echo newbie doing something that no one else has mentioned doing, and getting problems. 

One last idea, and then that's it.

You could be getting RFI. (If you don't know what that is, check Google).  Have the BT speaker and Dot further apart if they are less than 3 feet or so apart..

Good luck.

Ah, it is some sort of interference.

Moving them further apart from each other makes it almost go away.

Thank you.

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 04:42:02 pm »
Moving them even more further apart can likely make it all go away.  RFI is all around us today with all the wireless gadgets etc. we deal with and crowd together.  (Apple fanboys are mostly clueless about this.)

To anyone else reading this, I recently saw an Intel report (who also makes wireless cards for computers)  called "USB 3.0* Radio Frequency Interference Impact on 2.4 GHz Wireless Devices" about how USB3 drives and ports can cause havoc with wireless signals and reduce Wi-Fi reception of computers, and slow data transfers of HDs connected to computers. 
Here is the report link for all you interested geeks out there:

http://www.intel.it/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.pdf

BTW, I am pretty sure that Bluetooth uses the 2.4G band to do its thing.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 04:49:09 pm by mike27oct »

iolinux333

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 12:14:29 am »
Bluetooth is in the same band but a different frequency. Noisy radios bleed over into each other. I would have thought that Bose, of all companies would use low interference radios, but the cheap is everywhere these days.