Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo Connect, Ecobee 4 and calls from unknown numbers??

Echo Connect, Ecobee 4 and calls from unknown numbers??
« on: January 23, 2020, 01:14:58 pm »
I've got an Ecobee 4 thermostat with Alexa installed in my house. A while later I installed an Echo Show 5 with an Echo Connect at my mother-in-law's house.  Since my mother-in-law isn't technically savvy I configured the Show 5 with my Amazon account.

I've noticed that the Show 5/Echo Connect combination doesn't play well with caller-id information. Both outgoing and incoming calls are unknown numbers. But I need to check if my mother-in-law is paying AT&T for caller-id service. My Ecobee 4 does show my cellphone number if I tell it to make a call.

Now whenever my mother-in-law gets a POTS call at her house, my Ecobee 4 announces that I have a call from an unknown number at my house.

Is there any easy way to fix this? Is there a way to configure the Show 5/Echo Connect combination to do caller-id?

Do I need to create another Amazon.com account for the Echo devices at my mother-in-law's house?

Thanks.