Echo & Alexa Forums

Need Help: Echo Dots (3rd Gen) and Two Users

DIYdee

Need Help: Echo Dots (3rd Gen) and Two Users
« on: January 09, 2020, 07:11:44 pm »
I purchased two Echo Dots (3rd gen) October of last year. One for our living room, where my dad spends the majority of his time, and is used for multiple smart home devices. The other is in our garage, where I spend the majority of my time since it's where my office is. I also purchased a Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote mid-November, primarily because I had a year of Apple TV with no way to access it aside from mobile devices. But I don't feel we can use any of them to their full potential because of my own lack of knowledge, and I'm hoping someone here can help me with a few things.

While I need endless amounts of help and have hundreds of questions, this is one thing that's top of my list...

I'd like both my dad and I to be able to make our own customizations (profiles?) that are accessible from both Dots. If that's even possible. Such as individual flash briefings, linking emails, calendars etc. But all devices are connected to my Amazon account because I have Prime, which due to getting at a discount I cannot share the benefits or use Amazon Household. From my limited understanding, that's the only way I can accomplish what I'm wanting to, but I'm hoping I'm wrong or there's a workaround of sorts.

That said, is there a way to have our own individual customizations or profiles that are accessible from both Dots?

Thank you in advance to any who can offer some advice/help, I really appreciate it!

Offline jwlv

Re: Need Help: Echo Dots (3rd Gen) and Two Users
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 11:35:51 pm »
Yes, it's possible with Alexa's voice profiles.

Here's how to set it up according to Pocket Lint website.
https://www.pocket-lint.com/smart-home/news/amazon/142542-how-to-create-amazon-alexa-voice-profiles-so-it-can-recognise-you