Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Low Dot Volume When Connected To Receiver

Low Dot Volume When Connected To Receiver
« on: January 05, 2020, 05:13:11 pm »
I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck balancing the volume between different inputs on a receiver when switching from the Dot to other devices.

I've found that when connecting the Dot to any rcvr input (CD, DVR, TV/Sat, etc.) the input signal is so low that I need to crank the volume on the rcvr to a point that the volume is way too high for any other device. I always have to remember to reduce the rcvr's volume before switching devices to reduce the risk of blowing out my speakers. I found a few other threads in this forum discussing this issue, but I didn't find a solution.

I'm currently using an inexpensive external pre-amp between the Dot and the rcvr and it helps balance the volume issue a little, but I still need to set the Dot to volume 8, which reduces the amount of "Volume Up" I can get with voice commands. If I lower the Dot's volume and increase the gain on the pre-amp, I get clipping. Granted, a better pre-amp might work, but I don't want to keep tossing devices at the problem just to see what works.

Any ideas? Thanks!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 05:16:38 pm by DerbyDad03 »