Echo & Alexa Forums

Can't change my news service - Echo Show 5

dsmgdesigner-69

Can't change my news service - Echo Show 5
« on: January 02, 2020, 01:05:24 pm »
Hello,
I can't seem to get Alexa to change my news service (on my new Echo Show 5)...nor can I figure out how to do that in settings. When I first asked for news, Alexa gave me options...CNBC, CNN, FoxNews, etc. I picked CNBC. It then played CNBC for me, and showed me video as well which was cool. But now I want to change it to another news service. I asked Alexa "change my news service"..."what is my flash briefings" (a command I found on amazon), even "show CNN" (when I did that last one, Alexa said I didn't have any enabled video skill sets to do that, choose one to get started, and showed me apps like primevideo, etc...but not CNN of course. I also found some info on amazon to change my news service or flash briefings through Settings...but don't see it there. Am I stuck with CNBC forever?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Can't change my news service - Echo Show 5
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 02:51:44 pm »
it is best to make the changes in the phone's alexa app.   you can change your news briefing by going to settings, and scroll down to flash briefing.  also use the command "play cnn"  instead of show cnn.   if it does not work, you may need to add the cnn skill.  you can add and change skills by going to skill and games.