Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo show 8 locations

Echo show 8 locations
« on: December 29, 2019, 11:59:09 am »
I have set up my home location and my work location within settings.
When I ask my echo to see how long it will take to get to work it says it canít find my locations and sends a link to set up location on my phone. It is already on my phone so why will it not work?

Re: Echo show 8 locations
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 01:08:19 am »
I have set up my home location and my work location within settings.
When I ask my echo to see how long it will take to get to work it says it canít find my locations and sends a link to set up location on my phone. It is already on my phone so why will it not work?

did you set it up under the show 8 settings in the alexa app on the phone?   did you follow the link and reset it up?   even though it is there, try retyping it. 

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo show 8 locations
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 02:09:24 am »
Every Echo device can have its own location.

If it's new and you've never set up the location for home & work for that specific Echo device, then you'll have to do it.  It doesn't matter if you've already set that up on another Echo device.